Best DUI Lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland 20918
Find Best DUI lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland 20918. Been arrested for drunk driving in Maryland? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Maryland require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated dui lawyers who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
The odds of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The best DUI lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring MD to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Maryland Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Silver Spring Maryland.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Lawyer in Silver Spring MD: What to Do If Charged With A DUI