DUI Lawyer in Bethesda Maryland 20889
Find DUI Lawyer in Bethesda Maryland 20889. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Maryland? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Maryland require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Bethesda Maryland who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Bethesda Maryland or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Bethesda will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Bethesda MD to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Bethesda DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Maryland of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Bethesda Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250