DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31901
Find DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31901. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Columbus Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Columbus Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Columbus will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Columbus GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Columbus DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Columbus Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250