DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31902
Find DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31902. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Columbus Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Columbus Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Columbus will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Columbus GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Columbus DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Columbus Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250