DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31903
Find DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31903. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Columbus Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Columbus Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Columbus will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Columbus GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Columbus DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Columbus Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250