DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31904
Find DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31904. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Columbus Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Columbus Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Columbus will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Columbus GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Columbus DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Columbus Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250