DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31906
Find DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31906. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Columbus Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Columbus Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Columbus will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Columbus GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Columbus DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Columbus Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250