DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31907
Find DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31907. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Columbus Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Columbus Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Columbus will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Columbus GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Columbus DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Columbus Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250