DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31908
Find DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31908. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Columbus Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Columbus Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Columbus will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Columbus GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Columbus DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Columbus Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250