DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31909
Find DUI Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31909. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Columbus Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Columbus Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Columbus will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Columbus GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Columbus DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Columbus Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250