Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Denton Texas 76201
Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Denton Texas 76201. Have you been arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DWI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced Criminal defense lawyers in Denton TX who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining The Best Criminal Defense Lawyer
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a Criminal defense lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in Denton or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in Denton will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DWI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DWI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a criminal defense lawyer in Denton TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good lawyer in Denton.
The best practice is to find an Criminal defense lawyer who practices DWI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a DWI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Denton Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DWI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Never to Go to Court Without Legal Representation