Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Spring Texas 77373
Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Spring Texas 77373. Have you been arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences because of of a DWI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced Criminal defense lawyers in Spring TX who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining The Best Criminal Defense Lawyer
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a Criminal defense lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in Spring or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in Spring will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DWI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DWI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a criminal defense lawyer in Spring TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good lawyer in Spring.
The best practice is to find an Criminal defense lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a DWI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Spring Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DWI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Never to Go to Court Alone