Find Criminal Lawyer in College Station Texas 77840
Find Criminal Lawyer in College Station Texas 77840. Have you been arrested for a DWI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced Criminal lawyers in College Station TX who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring The Best Criminal Lawyer
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DWI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in College Station or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in College Station will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DWI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DWI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DWI lawyer in College Station TX to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a criminal defense lawyer in College Station.
The best practice is to find an Criminal defense lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a DWI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in College Station Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DWI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Never to Go to Trial Alone