DUI Lawyer in Dahlonega Georgia 30533
Find DUI Lawyer in Dahlonega Georgia 30533. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Dahlonega Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Dahlonega Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Dahlonega will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Dahlonega GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Dahlonega DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Dahlonega Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250