DUI Lawyer in Damascus Virginia 24236
Find DUI Lawyer in Damascus Virginia 24236. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Damascus Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Damascus Virginia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Damascus will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Damascus VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Damascus DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Damascus Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250