DUI Lawyer in Dawsonville Georgia 30534
Find DUI Lawyer in Dawsonville Georgia 30534. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Dawsonville Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Dawsonville Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Dawsonville will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Dawsonville GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Dawsonville DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Dawsonville Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250