Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Beaufort North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Beaufort North Carolina. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Beaufort NC who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense case.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Beaufort
The chances of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing driving privleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Beaufort is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Beaufort will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a drunk driving injury charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Beaufort drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Beaufort NC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a smart Beaufort drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Beaufort North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Beaufort Explains Why It’s Important to Have Good Legal Counsel in DUI Court