Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Cedar Grove North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Cedar Grove North Carolina. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need good legal counsel to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Cedar Grove NC who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
Advantages of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Cedar Grove
The odds of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,the Loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Cedar Grove is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Cedar Grove will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a drunk driving injury charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Cedar Grove drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Cedar Grove NC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Cedar Grove drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Cedar Grove North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Cedar Grove Explains Why You Should Have a Good Lawyer in Your Drunk Driving Case