Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Clarkton North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Clarkton North Carolina. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Clarkton NC who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense case.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Clarkton
The odds of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,the Loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Clarkton is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Clarkton will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Clarkton drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Clarkton NC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Clarkton drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Clarkton North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Clarkton Explains Importance of Not Going to Court Without a Good Lawyer