Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Curtis Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Curtis Michigan. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Curtis MI who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
Benefits of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Curtis
The chances of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,the Loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Curtis is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Curtis will also knows the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a drunk driving injury charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Curtis drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Curtis MI to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a smart Curtis drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Michigan Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Curtis Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Cost of Drunk Driving Offenses
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Curtis Explains Importance of Not Going to Court Without a Good Lawyer