Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Elizabethtown Pennsylvania
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Elizabethtown Pennsylvania. Arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need good legal counsel to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Pennsylvania require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Elizabethtown PA who is focused on defending your drunk driving case.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Elizabethtown
The chances of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,the Loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Elizabethtown is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Elizabethtown will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a drunk driving injury charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Elizabethtown drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Elizabethtown PA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Pennsylvania drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Elizabethtown drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Pennsylvania Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Elizabethtown Pennsylvania.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Elizabethtown Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone