Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Ferndale Pennsylvania
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Ferndale Pennsylvania. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from a good lawyer to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Pennsylvania require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Ferndale PA who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense case.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Ferndale
The chances of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Ferndale is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Ferndale will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a good Ferndale drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Ferndale PA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Pennsylvania drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Ferndale drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Pennsylvania Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Ferndale Pennsylvania.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Cost of Drunk Driving Offenses
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Ferndale Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone