Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Haslett Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Haslett Michigan. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Haslett MI who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense.
Advantages of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Haslett
The odds of really beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,the Loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Haslett is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Haslett will also knows the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a good Haslett drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Haslett MI to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a smart Haslett drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Michigan Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Haslett Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Haslett Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Got to Court Without a Good Lawyer