Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Hope Mills North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Hope Mills North Carolina. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from a good lawyer to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Hope Mills NC who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Hope Mills
The odds of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Hope Mills is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Hope Mills will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a drunk driving injury charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Hope Mills drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Hope Mills NC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Hope Mills drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Hope Mills North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Hope Mills Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone