Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Hot Springs North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Hot Springs North Carolina. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from a good lawyer to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Hot Springs NC who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense case.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Hot Springs
The chances of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Hot Springs is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Hot Springs will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Hot Springs drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Hot Springs NC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Hot Springs drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Hot Springs North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Hot Springs Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone