Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Kent City Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Kent City Michigan. Arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need legal help to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Kent City MI who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense case.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Kent City
The chances of really beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the Loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Kent City is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Kent City will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Kent City drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Kent City MI to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Kent City drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Michigan Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Kent City Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Cost of Drunk Driving Offenses
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Kent City Explains Importance of Not Going to Court Without a Good Lawyer