Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Lamont Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Lamont Michigan. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from a good lawyer to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Lamont MI who is focused on defending your drunk driving case.
Benefits of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Lamont
The chances of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving privleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Lamont is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Lamont will also knows the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a drunk driving injury charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Lamont drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Lamont MI to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a smart Lamont drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Michigan Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Lamont Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Lamont Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Why You Should Have a Good Lawyer in Your Drunk Driving Case