Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Lattimore North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Lattimore North Carolina. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Lattimore NC who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense case.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Lattimore
The odds of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Lattimore is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Lattimore will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Lattimore drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Lattimore NC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a smart Lattimore drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Lattimore North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Lattimore Explains Why It’s Important to Have Good Legal Counsel in DUI Court