Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Portage Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Portage Michigan. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Portage MI who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense case.
Benefits of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Portage
The odds of successfully beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving privleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Portage is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Portage will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Portage drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Portage MI to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan laws, having experience are important qualities in a smart Portage drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Michigan Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Portage Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Portage Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Importance of Having a Drunk Driving Lawyer