Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Rocky Ridge Maryland
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Rocky Ridge Maryland. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need good legal counsel to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Maryland require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Rocky Ridge MD who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense.
Advantages of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Rocky Ridge
The chances of really beating Ucharge are slim to none if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Rocky Ridge is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Rocky Ridge will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a good Rocky Ridge drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Rocky Ridge MD to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland laws, having experience are important qualities in a smart Rocky Ridge drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Maryland Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Rocky Ridge Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Rocky Ridge Explains Why It’s Important to Have Good Legal Counsel in DUI Court