Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Sandy Ridge North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Sandy Ridge North Carolina. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Sandy Ridge NC who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Sandy Ridge
The chances of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,the Loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Sandy Ridge is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Sandy Ridge will also knows the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a good Sandy Ridge drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Sandy Ridge NC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Sandy Ridge drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Sandy Ridge North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Sandy Ridge Explains The Importance of Having Good Legal Help in Court