Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Scranton Pennsylvania
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Scranton Pennsylvania. Arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Pennsylvania require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Scranton PA who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Scranton
The odds of successfully beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Scranton is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Scranton will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a drunk driving injury charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a good Scranton drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Scranton PA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Pennsylvania drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Scranton drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Pennsylvania Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Scranton Pennsylvania.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Cost of Drunk Driving Offenses
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Scranton Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Got to Court Without a Good Lawyer