Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in South Holland Illinois
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in South Holland Illinois. Arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Illinois require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in South Holland IL who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense.
Benefits of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in South Holland
The chances of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the Loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in South Holland is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in South Holland will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good South Holland drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in South Holland IL to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Illinois laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a smart South Holland drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Illinois Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in South Holland Illinois.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in South Holland Explains Importance of Having a Drunk Driving Lawyer