Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Stevenson Maryland
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Stevenson Maryland. Arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Maryland require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Stevenson MD who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense case.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Stevenson
The odds of really beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Stevenson is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Stevenson will also knows the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a good Stevenson drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Stevenson MD to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a smart Stevenson drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Maryland Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Stevenson Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Cost of Drunk Driving Offenses
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Stevenson Explains Importance of Having a Drunk Driving Lawyer