Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Thompsonville Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Thompsonville Michigan. Arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need good legal counsel to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Thompsonville MI who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Thompsonville
The chances of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Thompsonville is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Thompsonville will also knows the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a drunk driving injury charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Thompsonville drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Thompsonville MI to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Thompsonville drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Michigan Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Thompsonville Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Cost of Drunk Driving Offenses
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Thompsonville Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Importance of Having a Drunk Driving Lawyer