Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) Alberta T3H
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) Alberta T3H. Arrested for a DUI in Alberta? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of drunk driving much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a drunk driving history then the drunk driving laws in Alberta require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving lawyer in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) AB who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense case.
The odds of really beating a drunk driving charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of drunk driving defense team. A drunk driving conviction can have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a drunk driving lawyer in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI charge.
Experienced lawyers who knows Alberta DUI laws and in most cases will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a Drunk driving lawyer in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) AB to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) DUI lawyer.
The best practice for DUI defense who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Alberta requires a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many provinces require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Drunk Driving Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250