Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) Alberta T3K
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) Alberta T3K. Been arrested for a DUI in Alberta? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of drunk driving much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a drunk driving then the drunk driving laws in Alberta require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving lawyer in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) AB who is focused on defending your drunk driving case.
The odds of successfully beating a drunk driving charge are slim to none if you don’t hire drunk driving defense team. A drunk driving conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a drunk driving lawyer in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI charge.
Experienced lawyers who knows Alberta DUI laws and in most cases will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a Drunk driving lawyer in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) AB to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) DUI lawyer.
The best practice for DUI defense who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Alberta Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Alberta requires a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many provinces require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a Drunk Driving Conviction
- Estimated Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250