Find DUI attorney in Silver Spring Maryland 20993
Find DUI attorney in Silver Spring Maryland 20993. Arrested for drunk driving in Maryland? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Maryland require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated dui lawyers in Silver Spring MD who is focused on representing your DUI defense case.
The odds of really beating a DUI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI attorneys in Silver Spring MD will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring MD to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Silver Spring DUI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
States have mandatory conditions of a drunk driving conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Silver Spring Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250