DUI Defense Attorney in Apopka Florida
Find DUI Defense Attorney in Apopka Florida. Arrested for a DUI in Florida? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense attorney in Apopka Florida who is focused on representing your DUI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Attorney in Apopka Florida
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Attorney in Apopka Florida or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI attorney in Apopka will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Apopka FL to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Apopka DUI attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Florida of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Apopka Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Attorney in Apopka Explains: DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250