DUI Defense Attorney in Dunedin Florida
Find DUI Defense Attorney in Dunedin Florida. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Florida? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense attorney in Dunedin Florida who is focused on representing your DUI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Attorney in Dunedin Florida
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Attorney in Dunedin Florida or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI attorney in Dunedin will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Dunedin FL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Dunedin DUI attorney.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Florida of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Dunedin Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Attorney in Dunedin Explains: DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250