DUI Defense Attorney in Homestead Florida
Find DUI Defense Attorney in Homestead Florida. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Florida? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense attorney in Homestead Florida who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Attorney in Homestead Florida
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Attorney in Homestead Florida or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI attorney in Homestead will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Homestead FL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Homestead DUI attorney.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Florida of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Homestead Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Attorney in Homestead Explains: Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250