Find DUI Defense Attorney in Sandy Utah 84070
Find DUI Defense Attorney in Sandy Utah 84070. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Sandy Utah? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Utah require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers in Sandy UT who is focused on defending your DUI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers in Sandy
The chances of really beating a DUI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a defense lawyer in Sandy Utah or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced Sandy dui defense lawyer will also know the opponent prosecutor style, pre-dispositions, and Utah DUI laws that can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Sandy UT to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a experienced Sandy lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Utah Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Sandy Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250