DUI Defense Attorney in North Fort Myers Florida
Find DUI Defense Attorney in North Fort Myers Florida. Arrested for a DUI in Florida? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense attorney in North Fort Myers Florida who is focused on representing your DUI defense.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Attorney in North Fort Myers Florida
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Attorney in North Fort Myers Florida or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI attorney in North Fort Myers will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in North Fort Myers FL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense North Fort Myers DUI attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Florida of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in North Fort Myers Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Attorney in North Fort Myers Explains: Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250