DUI Defense Attorney in Palm Harbor Florida
Find DUI Defense Attorney in Palm Harbor Florida. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Florida? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense attorney in Palm Harbor Florida who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Defense Attorney in Palm Harbor Florida
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Attorney in Palm Harbor Florida or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI attorney in Palm Harbor will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Palm Harbor FL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Palm Harbor DUI attorney.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Florida of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Palm Harbor Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Attorney in Palm Harbor Explains: DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250