DUI Defense Attorney in Winter Garden Florida
Find DUI Defense Attorney in Winter Garden Florida. Arrested for a DUI in Florida? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense attorney in Winter Garden Florida who is focused on representing your DUI defense.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Defense Attorney in Winter Garden Florida
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Attorney in Winter Garden Florida or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI attorney in Winter Garden will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Winter Garden FL to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Winter Garden DUI attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Florida of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Winter Garden Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Attorney in Winter Garden Explains: Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250