Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Alexandria Virginia 22334
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Alexandria Virginia 22334. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Alexandria Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Alexandria Virginia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Alexandria will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Alexandria VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Alexandria DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Alexandria Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250