DUI Defense Lawyer in Apopka Florida
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Apopka Florida. Arrested for a DUI in Florida? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Apopka Florida who is focused on defending your DUI case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers in Apopka Florida
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Apopka Florida or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Apopka will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Apopka FL to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Apopka DUI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Florida of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Apopka Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer in Apopka Explains: Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250