Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Austell Georgia 30106
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Austell Georgia 30106. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in Austell Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Austell Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Austell will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Austell GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Austell DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Austell Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250