Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Brandy Station Virginia 22714
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Brandy Station Virginia 22714. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Brandy Station Virginia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Brandy Station Virginia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Brandy Station will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Brandy Station VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Brandy Station DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Brandy Station Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250