Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Cleveland Georgia 30528
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Cleveland Georgia 30528. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Cleveland Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Cleveland Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Cleveland will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Cleveland GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Cleveland DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Cleveland Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250